8/28/2012

Kunming

I'm finally in Kunming, where I'm going to live for the rest of the year. Kunming is a small city in the south of China. This small little city is five times bigger than our capital Stockholm and it has six million habitats. More about that later...
Sitting in our BIG apartment drinking hot water. You can get boiled water directly from the water tap. I think that’s cool. Beijing was great and my favorite experience was definitely walking on the Great Wall of China... or maybe after the walk, because they had an awesome slide down from the Great Wall that everyone could go. We also went to The Forbidden City and Tianán Men Square. Tianán Men Square is the biggest square in the world which you are not allowed to sit on... and I'm  seriously not sure if I'm allowed to tell you why... so I better skip that. For you who are extra curious; My favourite thing to eat in Beijing is the special Peking-duck. I really recommend it! Its like a mini wrap with duck, cucumber and a delicious sauce that taste a bit like soya.
There is so much here that is different from Sweden, even the light in the staircase. Sometimes, in  a public restroom or staircase for example, you need to move to make the light be on. Here, on this side of earth, you need to make sounds to make the light be on. I love that. I'm allowed to make noise in the staircases and on the toilets! The toilets btw… doesn’t really look like toilets, its just a hole in the floor. Usually they don’t even have toilet paper, everyone need to bring it by them selves. There is some websites that is blocked/forbidden here in China; this blog for example... that's the reason why its a bit hard to make new posts... especially with pictures (I'm not gonna tell you how I made this one). I have seen a pink chicken on the sidewalk  today... and a goat with the backseat of a car. That's China! Oh there is so much I want to tell you guys!! 
We are going to buy bikes to all of us today, by SIM cards and brainstorm with our team about the Welcome Performing and I´ll get my first dancelesson from a danish teacher.
Thanks a LOT for all the comments you cant even imagine how much I appreciate it!

It´s Filip, me, Ellen, Louise and Linnea outside the forbidden city.

Lot of Love

4 comments:

  1. Hjärtat!! <3 Nu är Du där, in China :-)Det var ju så nyss som vi hade sommarmys och såg Batman :P Läser allt här i bloggen med spänning ;-)Världen känns lite mindre när Du erövrar den. Den blir liksom "Oliviaserad", dvs allt låter tryggt och rätt normalt fast det är så lång borta och så olikt det vi är vana vid. Du är bra på att leva helt enkelt! Allt gott!!Kraaaaam :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej bästa Anja! Nu ÄR jag HÄR! Visst är det lite knasigt långt bort?! Toppen att du följer, då blir jag ännu mer taggad på att skriva mer! Hälsa Lina att jag längtar jättemycket efter mitt septemberbrev. . . nu är det inte långt kvar tills jag får öppna. Hon är för bra din dotter <3

      Åh du är så fin! Det där var nog det bästa ord jag hört, jag ska försöka göra Oliviasera så ycket jag bara kan Anja. Det låter som en bra sak att göra. . ? Du gör mig så glad. Love You <3

      Delete
  2. It must be a wonderful country for you where you need to make sounds to make the light be on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah!! Oh you cant even imagine dad! I LOVE it!! And I love to see all the different sounds that the chineese are making to make the light be on. Its soooo fun!

      Delete