11/05/2012

People will always be people

I’m starting to realize that I’m in China. I’ve been living here for more than two months, but it’s still confusing and a bit difficult to truly understand that I am living here. A year ago, if someone would tell me that I was going to live in China for one year, I would never believe him. Most of my friends back home thought that this China trip was some kind of joke until I started to pack my stuff and wished them a Merry Christmas in advanced. Everything felt very strange here in the beginning; the traffic, the way of eating, the food, the language, the characters, the people, the markets and the weather. But to be honest; this life doesn’t feel so wacky anymore. I’m actually a bit disappointed that China and the Chinese people are not as strange as I thought they would be. You know what? The Chinese people are exactly as Swedish people . . . but with a different growth. If I grew up in China I think that I would love to eat chicken feet and I think that I would think Europeans looked odd with our big noses and white skin. It just hit me that people will always be people no matter where you are. People want to have friends. People need to eat and sleep. People are scared to be scared. And people love to feel loved. This might seem very obvious to you. I thought it was obvious to me to, but OBVIOUSLY it wasn’t.
Have been studying Chinese and eating salted almonds the whole morning. I’m going to the gym with Linnea now. I need to exercise all my Popping- muscles. Have a great day people!
Lot of Love/
Olivia
People
People
 People

People

 People
 People
 
 
[All credit to Filip for the beautiful pictures that I stole]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment