9/11/2012

Yes mum I am eating.

Olivias Daily Food

I'm not sure if Ive told you guys, some of you do already know, but I'm very allergic too peanuts. When I say "very allergic" I mean that I die if I eat it. To live in China being that allergic to peanuts is not easy. Chinese people love to put peanuts in everything, and they are using peanut oil nearly every time they are roasting or frying anything. . .  and I cant read or ask if they are using peanuts as an ingredients because I don't understand neither chines characters or the chines language. . . ! This is the moment you are all thinking; 

"Olivia! How can you still be alive?!"

 Well I'm gonna tell you how:

First of all; I got a little note from one of my Chinese friends, Aria, who says something like; "I am super-allergic to peanuts. I will die if just I eat a mini- tiny piece of a peanut or a little drop of peanut oil.". Okay I'm not really sure exactly what my little note says, but I guess its something like that because all the restaurant workers always get panic while I'm showing them my little note. 
I'm also trying to use this little note while I'm in the supermarket by giving it to a random chines,  pointing at the thing I want to buy and trying to look as piteous as I can. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Anyway; one of the picnic-people from yesterday told me that even if the table of contents say that there is no peanuts, you can never be sure that's true. Crap.

Second: I try my way! That may sounds scary. . . but what is life if there is no excitement? ^^
(Dont worry mum Im sitting with my allergy injections, my medices and my phone in one hand and the new cool ateble thing in the other while "I try my way")

Ive found some nice stuff I can eat already. . . I'm eating it eeeveeery day. 

Here it is:

From the left to the right; 
1. Nescafé - cant live without it; its the closest thing to coffee Ive found.
2. Noodles with taste of chicken; just add hot water. Takes less than a minute to prepare.
3. Tropicana Orangejuice; <3
4. Chinese yoghurt- thing; Its inpossible to remove the cover from these, because you are supose to just stick a straw through it. Haha, we tried so hard before we figured it out! 
5. Unsweeted whole grain crackers with green beans; well, this is actually something new that I just figured out that I can eat. Theyre cool and I guess its pretty healthy too, I mean; Grean beans and Whole grain cant be anything but healthy right?

Im also eating a lot of apples, bananas, eggs and oatmeal.

Thats all about Olivias Daily Food.

Thank you for your attention.

Lot of Love /
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment