10/14/2012

Home after study trip in Dali and Lijiang

 
I'm back home in Kunming and just began my lazy morning by starting our fire alarm. I used the microwave a bit too long while I tried to defrost a nice egg bun. It became a black, stinky stone and the plate broke in two pieces. I think our microwave is the the most powerful microwave in the whole world. I had to stand on our table waving with a newspaper in front the angry fire alarm for twenty minutes to make it quiet. Its still annoying me by making a little pip every fourteenth second. . .
 
Anyway, I truly enjoyed this study trip and there is so many pics, and so much I wanna tell you about this week, that I have decided to divide it in two parts; One part is the Dali- part, and tomorrow Ill tell you the Lijiang- part.
 
Dali
 
We reached this wonderful city after 4 hours in a bumpy minibus.
Dali is located more than 2000 meters over the sea level and as you can see its surrounded by great mountain rages. Felt like living in a Lord of the ring- movie being here.
 
One of the beautiful gates to the town.
Dali welcomed us with sun and 28 degrees this Tuesday.
 
Spent our Wednesday hiking on the amazing mountain rages Cangshan.
It has a highest summit of 4122 meters over the sea level!
(You could really feel the height while walking at stairs.)
 
 View from our super cosy hotel.
The whole town was filled with these kind of old, cute streets and houses.
There is 40 000 people living in this city.
 
Me and John ended up on stage this Thursday while celebrating Johanna's birthday on a pub. Didn't get the rest of our "Chinese band" on a pic, but we actually had both a drummer, a base player and two electric guitar players on our spontaneous performance.
 
To be continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment